Why Join the Stockton Area Chamber of Commerce?
The benefits of Chamber membership are numerous. Some benefits will be more important to you than others. The main benefits though are universal. Chamber membership conveys credibility and stability to your customers. Being a member of the Stockton Area Chamber of Commerce will open the door to many contacts that can help your business grow through the power of referrals and networking.
A national study reveals that membership in a local chamber of commerce can significantly boost a businesses' image among consumers, as well as among other businesses.
The study, conducted by The Schapiro Group, an Atlanta-based strategic consulting firm, found that when respondents were told that a particular small business was a member of its local chamber, they were 44 percent more likely to rate it favorably than study respondents who were not told of the chamber affiliation. Respondents were also 63 percent more likely to want to purchase goods or services from a small business that is a chamber member.
Chamber membership is an investment in your business and the Stockton Area Chamber of Commerce is the voice for small business in Stockton and the Stockton area.
If you would like more information about membership and how it can help your business, please drop in, call in or click in.
Here are ten reasons to join the Stockton Area Chamber of Commerce:
1. People do business with people they know. The chamber offers networking opportunities. The monthly chamber luncheons are a good venue to meet with other local business owners to share ideas and what is happening with their businesses as well as your own. Speakers at the luncheons address areas of concern for our entire community.
2. The chamber offers a website where you can post coupons or hot deals. It is the spot people look when they want to see what is happening in the area. Members are listed alphabetically and by category on the online directory. The chamber also is available to send out email blasts about events they are having or you are having.
3. The chamber hosts many events to bring the community together and provide venues for tourism to our area.
4. The chamber offers ribbon cuttings for new businesses to raise awareness. Chamber ambassadors and elected officials are encouraged to attend these events.
5. The chamber is the first stop or call someone makes when they want to know about our community. The director provides your information to those who visit the office, as well as providing information to those looking to relocate.
6. Our director is very pro economic development. As such, she is the vice chair of the Enhanced Enterprise Zone. She is the first line when someone wants tax credits for bringing a business into the county. She is involved in the community as a member of the airport board, on the board of the Stockton Development Corporation, and on the committee for Nature Education Art Trails.
7. Investing in the chamber helps Stockton promote quality growth, which adds new businesses and consumer customers for your business.
8. Membership in your local chamber offers numerous benefits and keeps business owners on top of important, ever-changing issues and trends within the community and local marketplace. The director sends out monthly newsletters of what has happened in the board meetings, information from the state chamber and other items important to business owners in our area.
9. The chamber has established the Shop Small program encouraging our community to keep their money here by investing in the businesses providing goods and services in Stockton.
10. Being active in the local chamber is an effective business strategy. It communicates to consumers a company uses good practices, is reputable, cares about its customers and is involved in its community.
Stockton Area Chamber of Commerce
3 Public Square, P.O. Box 410
Stockton, MO 65785
Please feel free to come by our office located at 3 Public Square. Our office is staffed from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.